Sidequest Decks: Finshadow Bay
This collection of 15 mini-adventures set in the coastal town of Finshadow Bay adds dynamic and interesting plots to our NPC Portraits Deck: Coastal Townsfolk.
Use them with the NPC Portraits Deck or fit any of them into your own campaign and town. Use them to set up a hex crawl, fill out a campaign, or as side quests or one shots. Below are short summaries:
- Stop a seafolk invasion while serving out guard duty!
- Settle a dispute between feuding nobles.
- Help a huntress on a monster hunt--is it a monster?
- Handle a noble's magic item “request”--or else.
- Assist a disturbed woman hearing voices.
- Follow a treasure map the PCs “won”.
- Convince the herbalist to give up an elixir.
- Restore the light & untangle a mystery at the lighthouse.
- Help defeat a refugee's totured dreams.
- Avoid being entangled in a cult's sacrifice.
- Figure out why a tavern's furniture seems possessed.
- Prevent a ritual that will allow undead to overrun town.
- Help a merchant avenge goblins who looted a caravan.
- Assist a fisherman dealing with strange waters.
- Stop an undead king from raising a sea monster.
Note: The PDF is set up to be printed duplex (two-sided), 4 cards per page. So the upper right card on the front side of each page matches up to the upper left card on the back side. There are also white marks near the corners of each card which are guides to use when cutting the cards. This extra area (1/8") on the edge of each card is called a "bleed" which is intended to be cut away. It allows a card to still look good even if the cut isn't perfect or if the front and back prints aren't perfectly aligned.